Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To provide a better understanding of the very important role methadone plays in the treatment of addiction.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Always striving to do better

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Happylady5

Happylady5

Female
Number of posts : 93
Humor : It's a great day to be alive!
Registration date : 2010-06-06

Always striving to do better Empty
PostSubject: Always striving to do better   Always striving to do better EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 7:03 pm

9 months ago I started going to a methadone clinic. Before that, I was living a day by day, struggle to keep high. My drugs of choice were morphine and oxy, mostly morphine. My life had become a game of cat and mouse. ( I was the cat and morphine was the mouse.) Everyday, I would need my fix, otherwise, I wouldn't be able to, go to work or even move. After four years of needing more and spending more and more; My only choice was to, go to jail, die or join a methadone clinic.

I didn't really want to go to a clinic. I would have to be clean of morphine and life without my pills was unimaginable. I made it to the clinic reluctantly. Since then, I have been clean of everything (besides methadone). Never have I ever, lived a clean lifestyle.

Now, I feel like I have a new lease on life. I haven't felt this good since before I started messing around with drugs, 13 years ago. It is alot easier to get up and do activities or go to work. My new life is gradually turning into the one I always wanted, an average, clean lifestyle. No more drinkin', druggin' or sniffin'!!! A NEW Life. I am blessed.
Back to top Go down
lilgirllost
Admin
lilgirllost

Female
Number of posts : 863
Job/hobbies : COUPONING & GEOCACHING are my favorite past times but I also love reading and spending time with my husband and kids
Humor : I don't have a sense of humor.............
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Always striving to do better   Always striving to do better EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 11:00 pm

Thanks so much for sharing your story with us. You know, it really doesn't matter how you came to treatment or the fact that you were reluctant to in the beginning. You made it and realized you could live a better life and have made the necessary changes. THAT is what matters. You should be proud of yourself!

As cheesy as it sounds it is so true....that first step is the hardest one. Once you make that initial step and get into a program that works for you, that is when we start to see things clearly and we realize how much better off we are.

I didn't want to live my life without my opiates either, the only reason I went into treatment was because I was having to steal, lie and cheat to get my drugs and I was hurting so many ppl. If I could get all the pills I wanted and I didn't have to do anything illegal to get them, I probably would still be doing them. I know how crazy and selfish that must sound.....it was because of my desperation that I went into MMT and I am so glad I did. I am powerless over opiates, I know that and as long as I stay on MMT, I know I will be ok. Maybe there will come a time when I can live without MMT, but for now, it is what keeps me sane, out of trouble and able to enjoy my life with my husband and kids without wasting so much of my days being miserable and/or in pain from w/drawals and/or off seeking out drugs.

Thanks again for sharing and I hope we hear from you again in the future!
Back to top Go down
Happylady5

Happylady5

Female
Number of posts : 93
Humor : It's a great day to be alive!
Registration date : 2010-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Always striving to do better   Always striving to do better EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 9:10 am

I totally agree with you girllost! It doesn't matter how we got into the program as long as we got into it! I really didn't notice what a strain I was putting on my life, until I was clean and looked back at it.

I really love this site and I am so happy that I found other people trying to stay clean. It is nice to have someone to talk to if I have a question about my clinic. So far, my clinic has been great. If I have any questions, I will make sure to ask about it!

Sure do enjoy everyones posts!! Always striving to do better Icon_lol Thanks Everyone!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Always striving to do better   Always striving to do better Empty

Back to top Go down

Always striving to do better
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark :: Tell Us your Story? :: Tell Us Your Story?-
Jump to: