Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To provide a better understanding of the very important role methadone plays in the treatment of addiction.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

"Sweaty Betty"

Go down 
+4
jeffsgirl
lilgirllost
D
Happylady5
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Happylady5

Happylady5

Female
Number of posts : 93
Humor : It's a great day to be alive!
Registration date : 2010-06-06

"Sweaty Betty" Empty
PostSubject: "Sweaty Betty"   "Sweaty Betty" EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 3:20 pm

I have a huge problem! I am a "sweaty Betty". It is sooo frustrating because it is on my face. It's not like it's in my armpits, no it has to be on my face. People look at me so weird. It really is effecting my work life because everyone thinks that I am on "something" because I am sweating. "Sweaty Betty" Affraid I don't think it is because of my dose being too high. If anything, I have been having cravings, and it needs to be upped. Does anyone have any ideas how to stop the sweating on my face?? I have looked everywhere and all that I found was botox injections. I just don't know what to do.
Back to top Go down
D
Admin
D

Female
Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2009-03-05

"Sweaty Betty" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Sweaty Betty"   "Sweaty Betty" EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 10:37 am

Good Morning,
Like you, the only thing that I can really find on the sweating issue on the face is Botox. But there has to be another option. Sweating was around long before Botox.
But do remember to increase your water intake. The excessive sweating can cause you to become dehydrated and we all know that can lead to worsening constipation.
Please post if you find anything out and I will do the same.
I have an early morning appointment to go to but will be back this afternoon.
Enjoy the day,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.medicalassistedtreatment.org
Happylady5

Happylady5

Female

"Sweaty Betty" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Sweaty Betty"   "Sweaty Betty" EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 10:35 pm

O.k. I looked around and found some other ways to try to lessen facial sweating or hyperhidrosis. Witch hazel extract can be bought at most grocery stores. It's derived from the plant's bark, twigs and leaves. It has natural astringent properties so it gently dries the skin and inhibits inflammation. It dries up oily skin and reduces the appearance of pores and acts as a natural antiperspirant for your face. It must be a lotion because they said to put it on your face once a day.

Also I've heard that maxim facial wipes are antiperspirant wipes especially for facial sweating. Certian dry or dry-sol antiperspirant works well I am told. I still don't think that there is a concrete treatment that can help that doesn't make your face and body dry as heck. Scientists really need to do some more research on this sweating issue and figure something out for people that sweat profusely. It really effects my self esteem.
Back to top Go down
lilgirllost
Admin
lilgirllost

Female
Number of posts : 863
Job/hobbies : COUPONING & GEOCACHING are my favorite past times but I also love reading and spending time with my husband and kids
Humor : I don't have a sense of humor.............
Registration date : 2009-05-25

"Sweaty Betty" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Sweaty Betty"   "Sweaty Betty" EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 12:53 am

Hi there! My name is Ruth Ann. We haven't gotten to meet yet because I have been away from my moderating duties due to computer problems. I was finally able to get a working laptop so I can get back to cyberspace and the forum!

Anyway, you have brought up a very interesting topic. I too have severe face sweating. I sweat all over the rest of my body more than I use to also but really badly on my face, neck and chest area. I didn't do this before I was on methadone.

It is also a different kind of sweating from withdrawals sweating......if that makes any sense. When I am sweating from w/drawals it is that greasy, nasty feeling, weird smelling sweat but when I am just sweating it is ALOT of sweat, just pouring (literally!) off my face and it isn't that greasy, weird smelling sweat.

I wonder about the maxim pads clogging up pores though since it is an antipresperant? I don't know about anyone else but I have enough problem with my skin as it is to have clogged pores that can be prevented! I guess in this case you would have to decide which was more annoying, the sweating or the clogged pores!
Back to top Go down
Happylady5

Happylady5

Female

"Sweaty Betty" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Sweaty Betty"   "Sweaty Betty" EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 8:14 am

Yes, that's what those pads and antiperspirant does. It clogs up the pores and you are supposed to put it on at night 2X a week (It causes a lot of rashes and irritation) After the first couple time of using the wipes it's supposed to clog the pores from sweat coming out. I probably wouldn't like that either, I have enough pore clogging problems.

I give up. I am just going to put a hanky in my back pocket and wipe off the sweat. I also have been telling people that I have hyperhidrosis. Giving it a fancy name helps people except it. It is also easier on me when I just come out in the open about my sweating instead of acting like I am not sweating bullets all the time.

Last edited by Happylady5 on Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lilgirllost
Admin
lilgirllost

Female
Number of posts : 863
Job/hobbies : COUPONING & GEOCACHING are my favorite past times but I also love reading and spending time with my husband and kids
Humor : I don't have a sense of humor.............
Registration date : 2009-05-25

"Sweaty Betty" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Sweaty Betty"   "Sweaty Betty" EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 8:17 am

it would be good for someone who doesn't really have any pore probs though.

Something else I have heard others talk about is the VITADONE. It is not only suppose to help with constipation from MMT but the sweet cravings AND the sweating. However, I have not taken it myself and don't know anyone personally who has taken it and it worked for them. I have only heard it from ppl here and there through the forums and other MMT sites.
Back to top Go down
Happylady5

Happylady5

Female

"Sweaty Betty" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Sweaty Betty"   "Sweaty Betty" EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 9:08 am

Welcome Back Lilgirllost! It will be nice to see your upcoming comments! "Sweaty Betty" Icon_bounce

VITADONE- I have read some of the comments regarding VITADONE. It almost seems to good to be true. I also have a vast amount of sweet cravings. I think it is like 30$ a bottle. ? It's almost worth trying.
Back to top Go down
jeffsgirl

Female
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-02-03

"Sweaty Betty" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Sweaty Betty"   "Sweaty Betty" EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 4:20 pm

I also have this problem...and I know what you are talking about the w/d sweats, they are completly different....and most of the ppl I have talked to at my clinic also have the sweating problem....I have heard that cinnimon works wonders, and you just buy it in capsuals and take it daily...hope this help you, good luck
Back to top Go down
Digmon

Digmon

Male
Number of posts : 17
Job/hobbies : sport photography / football / basketball / fishing / anything outside
Registration date : 2011-04-05

"Sweaty Betty" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Sweaty Betty"   "Sweaty Betty" EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 1:07 pm

VITADONE really works, I love it, it stop the sweating and craving sweets, the two things I hated about methadone
Back to top Go down
Geslina

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-05-19

"Sweaty Betty" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Sweaty Betty"   "Sweaty Betty" EmptyThu May 19, 2011 6:06 pm

Ha. Besides the weight gain due to the uncontrollable sugar cravings, the sweating, especially on my face and head, is the biggest issue for me. I am fine as long as the temperature is cool enough, but as soon as the temps go up, forget it. I have cut my hair short because of this. I have toyed with the idea of moving north - way north, like to the artic circle....other than that, I really don't think there is much that can be done about it, just one of those things I have to deal with. I went from being a tiny, slim, petite chick with mostly good hair days to what I am now, overweight and always sweaty, with a dike haircut. The guys love me, let me tell ya. I am beating them off with a stick.

As for the slower digestive system, lots and lots of cereal has worked for me. I eat cereal all the time. I can put away an entire family size box of Captain Crunch in ONE SITTING. Sugar sugar sugar. I try to balance it out with a few boxes of raisin bran a week thrown in the mix so that I can stay healthy. And regular, too.
Back to top Go down
Den

Den

Male
Number of posts : 68
Job/hobbies : нет
Registration date : 2011-02-05

"Sweaty Betty" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Sweaty Betty"   "Sweaty Betty" EmptyFri May 20, 2011 5:34 pm

Hi Everyone! You are not alone with this problem, I also fear how much sweat! From head flows like a tap, what do I do not know! Handkerchief can twist after 30 minutes on the street! Winter course is good but if you come into transport there from the head and the rest of the body under a sweater and a jacket so the flood begins! Summer with head pours a stream and ashamed how people look at you! "Everyone can not explain it because the veins were gone! I can say for sure it's not because of the large body weight and because the veins were gone! When vein restore may stop sweating and while we will! Regards Den.
Back to top Go down
http://<a href="http://www.twitter.com/KordenRuf"&a
Babykin

Female
Number of posts : 6
Job/hobbies : Disabled, I find it extremely theraputic when I am Making my beaded jewelry, I also really enjoy scrapbooking, and painting. I am a nature girl, through and through!
Humor : Although I love to laugh and enjoy time with friends and family, I am a very quiet person, I am insecure. I love to love and be loved.
Registration date : 2011-05-22

"Sweaty Betty" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Sweaty Betty"   "Sweaty Betty" EmptyTue May 24, 2011 7:23 am

I have been so ashamed to even simply admit to myself there was an issue with the "Profuse SWEATING"! Everywhere sometimes!! Mostly as Ruthann had mentioned, on the face, neck and chest! Streaming down.... So embarrassing! I thought it was just me, yet noticed and wanted so badly to believe it was the Methadone, since it began shortly after beginning the Methadone. THANK YOU ALL so much for all the helpful and in some cases "Life Saving" advice!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

"Sweaty Betty" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Sweaty Betty"   "Sweaty Betty" Empty

Back to top Go down

"Sweaty Betty"
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark :: Methadone Maintenance :: Do you have any questions about methadone?-
Jump to: