Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To provide a better understanding of the very important role methadone plays in the treatment of addiction.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CTC clinic in cleveland oh

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
hitch

Male
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-08-31

CTC clinic in cleveland oh Empty
PostSubject: CTC clinic in cleveland oh   CTC clinic in cleveland oh EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 12:28 pm

Defying the recommendations of samsha, clinic accreditors and scientists, this place allows only 5 TH per wk maximum thus req at least 2 visits a wk. Considering ample evidence of positive pt outcomes for up to 30 THs a month one can draw their own conclusions about the competence of ctc management. BTW, the backward state of oh allows a max of 14 per month. Clinic also uses the very dubious practice of denying THs for THC positives. This, despite the facts that NIDA director volkow has stated that pot use isnt necessarily a disease and premier opiate/pot researcher bob abrams, director of oncology/hematology at san francisco general says their are no adverse affects of mixing opiates and marijuana.
Back to top Go down
lilgirllost
Admin
lilgirllost

Female
Number of posts : 863
Job/hobbies : COUPONING & GEOCACHING are my favorite past times but I also love reading and spending time with my husband and kids
Humor : I don't have a sense of humor.............
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: CTC clinic in cleveland oh   CTC clinic in cleveland oh EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 1:23 pm

Wow they NEVER allow more than 5 take outs? Even for someone who has been there for years?

You said against SAMHSA guidelines......while it is true that Federal Regulations say that a pt can earn up to 28 take outs, each state has it's own rules and then each clinic within those states have their own rules. As long as they aren't violating Fed Regs, they are fine. Fed Regs say a pt can have UP TO 28 takeouts. It isn't worded to say that pts are to be given 28 days, but they can have UP TO 28 days. That means if the state and/or clinic can give a max of 28 but they can have their own rules "as long as they don't violate Fed Regs) and can give anywhere from 1 - 28 takeouts. So if the state decides only 14 days then they are still in compliance w/Fed Regs. THEN each clinic inside the state can have their OWN rules as long as they don't violate Fed Regs and State Regs. So while Fed Regs say 28 take outs, state rules can be less and then so can clinic rules.

For example, Again, Fed Regs say max of 28 take outs. I live in Louisiana. In LA the state rules say no one can have more than 14 takeouts but the clinic closest to me (about an hours away) says they will never give more than 8 take outs. I travel over the state line to Texas (make my drive about 20 minutes longer) where the clinic I go to allows 27 take outs. There was another clinic I did attend in Tx that allowed the max 28 days. The clinic I go to now say 27 in case it ends up falling on a holiday or something that still give a day to "play with".

It really is crummy when Fed Regs say you can have 28 but the clinic rules are less, but unfortunately there isn't a whole lot we can do about it.

What really gets me is that the pain mgts pts have NO RULES what so ever about their methadone. If methadone is so tightly regulated for clinics, then it should be the same for anyone else that is presribed methadone no matter if it's from a pain mgt doc or clinic.
Back to top Go down
hitch

Male

PostSubject: Re: CTC clinic in cleveland oh   CTC clinic in cleveland oh EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 1:26 pm

lilgirllost wrote:
Quote :
You said against SAMHSA guidelines...... while it is true that Federal Regulations say that a pt can earn up to 28 take outs, each state has it's own rules and then each clinic within those states have their own rules. As long as they aren't violating Fed Regs, they are fine.
If you reread my post you'll see that I was careful to say against samsha recommendations rather than against guidelines because I know states and clinics can go their own way on these matters as long as they are not more lenient than the feds. My point wasnt to show that ctc was violating any laws but instead was to show that CTC ignores evidence-based practices.
Back to top Go down
hitch

Male

PostSubject: Re: CTC clinic in cleveland oh   CTC clinic in cleveland oh EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 1:31 pm

lilgirllost asked:
Quote :
Wow they NEVER allow more than 5 take outs? Even for someone who has been there for years?
Yup, this is true even if a pt has been compliant for 20 years.
Back to top Go down
lilgirllost
Admin
lilgirllost

Female
Number of posts : 863
Job/hobbies : COUPONING & GEOCACHING are my favorite past times but I also love reading and spending time with my husband and kids
Humor : I don't have a sense of humor.............
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: CTC clinic in cleveland oh   CTC clinic in cleveland oh EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 6:52 pm

hitch, I knew you were right on (about recommendations vs rules/laws) it just gave me the perfect chance to bring it up and remind pl that just because Fed Regs say it's ok, doesn't mean that's they way it will be, sorry for any confusion on my end.

I am sorry but what state do you live in? Ohio?

Back to top Go down
hitch

Male

PostSubject: Re: CTC clinic in cleveland oh   CTC clinic in cleveland oh EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 3:06 pm

lilgirllost wrote:
hitch, I knew you were right on (about recommendations vs rules/laws) it just gave me the perfect chance to bring it up and remind pl that just because Fed Regs say it's ok, doesn't mean that's they way it will be, sorry for any confusion on my end.

I am sorry but what state do you live in? Ohio?

No prob. You posted some good info.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CTC clinic in cleveland oh   CTC clinic in cleveland oh Empty

Back to top Go down

CTC clinic in cleveland oh
Page 1 of 1