Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To provide a better understanding of the very important role methadone plays in the treatment of addiction.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Get rid of your old medications on September 25,2010

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
D
Admin
D

Female
Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Get rid of your old medications on September 25,2010 Empty
PostSubject: Get rid of your old medications on September 25,2010   Get rid of your old medications on September 25,2010 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 12:05 pm

Get rid of your old medications on September 25,2010 Medica10

On Saturday September 25th the DEA will hold a
NATIONAL TAKE-BACK INITIATIVE.

Details:

On September 25, 2010, DEA will coordinate a collaborative effort with state and local law enforcement agencies to remove potentially dangerous controlled substances from our nation’s medicine cabinets. Collection activities will take place from 10:00 a.m. through 2:00 p.m. at sites established throughout the country. The National Take-Back Day provides an opportunity for the public to surrender expired, unwanted, or unused pharmaceutical controlled substances and other medications for destruction. These drugs are a potential source of supply for illegal use and an unacceptable risk to public health and safety.

This one-day effort is intended to bring national focus to the issue of increasing pharmaceutical controlled substance abuse.

The program is anonymous.
Prescription and over the counter solid dosage medications, i.e. tablets and capsules accepted.
Intra-venous solutions, injectables, and needles will not be accepted.
Illicit substances such as marijuana or methamphetamine are not a part of this initiative.

Click here to find a collection site near you. New sites added daily.
Back to top Go down
http://www.medicalassistedtreatment.org
lilgirllost
Admin
lilgirllost

Female
Number of posts : 863
Job/hobbies : COUPONING & GEOCACHING are my favorite past times but I also love reading and spending time with my husband and kids
Humor : I don't have a sense of humor.............
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Get rid of your old medications on September 25,2010   Get rid of your old medications on September 25,2010 EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 7:52 am

Thanks for sharing the info Dee. I didn't know they still did stuff like this. I know that some cities have it set up where you can take your old drugs into any pharmacy and they will dispose of them and the ones that aren't expired they are able to reuse sometimes if they are still ok to be used. But I don't know which ones do that either!
Back to top Go down
D
Admin
D

Female
Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Get rid of your old medications on September 25,2010   Get rid of your old medications on September 25,2010 EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 12:17 pm

RuthAnn
I didn't even know they did this ever. I must be living in a shack on a beach somewhere. *daydreaming* But a lot of times I have wished there was a place that I could take the medications that I have left over. I don't like the idea of throwing them away or flushing them.
I know that you are supposed to take all medications until gone like antibiotics etc but sometimes I forget and the amount tends to build up over time.
Right now I have extra blood pressure medication from when I was switched from one to another before I was able to use the whole prescription. It would be great if it went to someone who couldn't otherwise afford their medications.
Back to top Go down
http://www.medicalassistedtreatment.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Get rid of your old medications on September 25,2010   Get rid of your old medications on September 25,2010 Empty

Back to top Go down

Get rid of your old medications on September 25,2010
Page 1 of 1