Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To provide a better understanding of the very important role methadone plays in the treatment of addiction.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Help me get MMT covered by Medicare

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Regina1968

Regina1968

Female
Number of posts : 17
Job/hobbies : Disabled due to Lupus and Sciatica
Registration date : 2010-01-19

Help me get MMT covered by Medicare Empty
PostSubject: Help me get MMT covered by Medicare   Help me get MMT covered by Medicare EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 1:43 am

[b][i]Can anyone tell me how to get Medicare to cover MMT. I have called them and they told me it would be covered. So I go thru all the hassle of getting forms filled out since my clinic will not file insurance and only accept cash and send it all in four different times and it gets denied!! They have it under the wrong diagnosis code. I told Medicare this and they said get it under the right codes and they will cover it. I cant figure out what to do now since my clinic doesnt want to have anything to do with any kind of insurance. It would help me tremendously if I could figure out the correct codes to get it covered. If anyone can help, please tell me where or how to get the information.
Back to top Go down
lilgirllost
Admin
lilgirllost

Female
Number of posts : 863
Job/hobbies : COUPONING & GEOCACHING are my favorite past times but I also love reading and spending time with my husband and kids
Humor : I don't have a sense of humor.............
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Help me get MMT covered by Medicare   Help me get MMT covered by Medicare EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 2:07 am

Hmmmm....that is one I am not familiar with too much anymore. I have never had my MMT covered by any type of insurance.

I did work at a hospital and a doctors office many years ago. When I worked at these places, the billing dept at the hospital (or billing clerk at the docs office) was the ones who coded things. So if there was a problem with coding, then the insurance company (or in this case where the medical professional isn't involved w/the filing and insurance) the pt contacted the billing dept at the hosp and told them what was going on and to change the coding.

Who is providing this paperwork that you are giving to Medicare that has the wrong code on it? You said your clinic isn't having anything to do with it, so I was curious as to who was filing out the info you are sending in.

Has Medicare told you what code it needs to be for it to be covered? Then you pass the info along to whoever is filing out the forms you are sending in and tell them the proper code to put on it?

Sorry, I am not much help here but like I said, it has been many years since I worked in a medical facility and I didn't deal directly with the insurance companies and only somewhat in the billing stuff.

Back to top Go down
D
Admin
D

Female
Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Help me get MMT covered by Medicare   Help me get MMT covered by Medicare EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 3:23 pm

Regina,
I can call Deborah and see if she knows the answer to this one for you. She is also on Medicare, but her clinic doesn't accept Medicare or Medicaid. Right now she has to pay for her Methadone out of pocket as well even though she has Medicaide and Medicare. So maybe she knows how to help
Who was it that orginally sent it in for the insurance to pay it? Was it the clinic or did you try to file it yourself?
Back to top Go down
http://www.medicalassistedtreatment.org
Regina1968

Regina1968

Female
Number of posts : 17
Job/hobbies : Disabled due to Lupus and Sciatica
Registration date : 2010-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Help me get MMT covered by Medicare   Help me get MMT covered by Medicare EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 5:46 pm

Thanks for trying to help. I am the one who filled out the forms. The clinic wont do it and Medicare told me I have to do it. The code that was put on the form by Medicare was "Administration of Methadone". I was told part D, which is the prescription part of Medicare was the one who should cover it by Medicare part B. So I sent it to them, and Part D said Part B should pay it! So I sent it back to Part B and they said I need the codes that cover the whole clinic part such as the doctor, the cousling, the lab, and the administration of Methadone. Medicare told me to have the clinic put the codes on the form but they have no clue what those codes are. If I could get the correct codes, I will put them on their myself and Medicare said that would be fine. I have Medicare and Medicade. If the clinic would file insurance they would both pay for the entire cost. But since I have to file it myself, Medicare will cover 50% of the cost which would be great. They will reimberse me my fees for as far back as 18 months. It wont be long and I will have been in MMT for this long. So any help I can get would be great.
Back to top Go down
poohbear

Female
Number of posts : 4
Job/hobbies : enjoy the pools and playground with my kids
Registration date : 2011-08-01

PostSubject: medicare   Help me get MMT covered by Medicare EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 4:56 pm

I am on disabilty i would love to know if they take that kind of inc.I go to East Indina treament Center. cat
Back to top Go down
lilgirllost
Admin
lilgirllost

Female
Number of posts : 863
Job/hobbies : COUPONING & GEOCACHING are my favorite past times but I also love reading and spending time with my husband and kids
Humor : I don't have a sense of humor.............
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Help me get MMT covered by Medicare   Help me get MMT covered by Medicare EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 5:29 pm

Poohbear, you need to check w/your clinic and see if they accept medicare or medicaid first. If they do, then you just give them a copy of your card and that is all you have to do.
Back to top Go down
D
Admin
D

Female
Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Help me get MMT covered by Medicare   Help me get MMT covered by Medicare EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 1:41 am

poohbear, is this clinic in Lawrenceburg?
If so, according to the latest Directory of treatment programs that I have (2009), they do not. They accept private insurance or self pay.

Things could have changed though. You could call them as RuthAnn suggested to see if things have changed since then. I did check to see if I could find any in the same town that do accept your insurance but didn't have any luck. I wish I could be of more help

Back to top Go down
http://www.medicalassistedtreatment.org
floydfx05

floydfx05

Female
Number of posts : 71
Humor : PEACE
Registration date : 2010-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Help me get MMT covered by Medicare   Help me get MMT covered by Medicare EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 11:36 pm

I know in California they do thank god, It is definitly a big help!!
Back to top Go down
floydfx05

floydfx05

Female
Number of posts : 71
Humor : PEACE
Registration date : 2010-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Help me get MMT covered by Medicare   Help me get MMT covered by Medicare EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 10:22 pm

hmmmm well where do you live, and I thought the clinic would do it for you, they did mine.
Thats in Cali.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help me get MMT covered by Medicare   Help me get MMT covered by Medicare Empty

Back to top Go down

Help me get MMT covered by Medicare
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark :: Federal Regulations :: Medicaid, Medicare or other Insurance-
Jump to: