Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To provide a better understanding of the very important role methadone plays in the treatment of addiction.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

1 Week Home from Hospital

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
pangyalwilliams

pangyalwilliams

Female
Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-04-28

1 Week Home from Hospital Empty
PostSubject: 1 Week Home from Hospital   1 Week Home from Hospital EmptyMon May 18, 2009 7:12 am

Well, today marks 1 week of being home from the hospital and I stopped painkillers yesterday. I am ran out and decided to not try and get more. I am due for a urine test this Thursday anyway and I would rather it come back clean than my counselor have to do all the extra paperwork with me being allowed to be on them.

Unfortunately, I feel weird about all of this. My husband goes back to work today and I am scared. I actually miss the hospital. They were so nice to me and took such good care of me there that there is something inside of me that is afraid to live right now. Being alone to handle the household chores on my own and taking care of the two litters of puppies....4 are 8 weeks old and 6 are a week and a half old. My hands are full and most of it is with puppy poop. I am holding my Methadone dose in very high regard. It is what works best for the pain and I am trying to take my take home dose in 2 intervals so I can get that "kick in" feeling twice in one day instead of once. Compared to alot of you, I think I am on an low dose. You don't have to pay anything at my clinic except for a $5 a month take home charge for supplies so they have a limit of between 100-120 mg and it is really hard to get over 100mg. I am on 95 but I never took heroine. I was a pill freak. I took between 30 and 50 a day depending on what kind of opiate it was so I was lucky to even get the dose I did.

I will leave you all with that. I can't type anymore and I need to do some hard thinking today about how to handle all these feelings I am having.

Hugs to all of you out there and stay safe.

Pam
Back to top Go down
D
Admin
D

Female
Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2009-03-05

1 Week Home from Hospital Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1 Week Home from Hospital   1 Week Home from Hospital EmptyFri May 22, 2009 8:38 pm

Hi Pam,
This is Dee, I wanted to check in with you and see how you are doing.
Are you doing any better with the feelings of being out of the hospital and not having the pain pills around?
Please don't be hard on yourself. It takes awhile for the old feelings to entirely leave your mind. How long has it been now since you have been in recovery?
What do you have planned for the long weekend ahead? Anything good?
Enjoy your weekend and get yourself some rest.
Yours,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.medicalassistedtreatment.org

1 Week Home from Hospital
Page 1 of 1