Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To provide a better understanding of the very important role methadone plays in the treatment of addiction.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Insurance?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
roberto6564

Male
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-04-24

Insurance? Empty
PostSubject: Insurance?   Insurance? EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 12:56 pm

I've been attending a methadone clinic in houston for last 10 years. I work Full-time and have good insurance. I noticed that methadone is covered under my insurance in both liquid and pills. My wife lost her job and the cost of getting the dose at the clinic is hurting my wallet. What are the chances that my insurance will cover some of the costs and my clinic is ok with it?
Back to top Go down
D
Admin
D

Female
Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Insurance? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insurance?   Insurance? EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 6:32 pm

That would all depend on whether or not your clinic would accept your insurance. Have you talked to the clinic to check and see if they do take your insurance?
Does your insurance cover the cost of addiction treatment? What does it say in your insurance guidelines. It is kind of hard to say without knowing some of the details.

Back to top Go down
http://www.medicalassistedtreatment.org
lilgirllost
Admin
lilgirllost

Female
Number of posts : 863
Job/hobbies : COUPONING & GEOCACHING are my favorite past times but I also love reading and spending time with my husband and kids
Humor : I don't have a sense of humor.............
Registration date : 2009-05-25

Insurance? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insurance?   Insurance? EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 12:05 am

yeah, what she said! lol! I know alot of the private pay clinics won't accept private insurance but if you insurance covers it, you can get reimbursed for your clinic fees. You will have to do all the paperwork though. Depending on what kind of insurance you have and what it covers, certain ones will only pay up to a certain amount for substance abuse treatment and/or will only pay for a certain length of treatment (such as 6 months). There are also some that have limits like they will only pay for substance abuse treatment lets say for 6mths to a year and then they will never cover another substance abuse treatment for you for the rest of your life.

So, like Dee said, check and see what you insurance company covers and then talk to your clinic and find out.

If you have insurance through your job, your job may also offer one of the FLEX pay programs where you can estimate what you will spend during the year for medical care and then they won't tax that amount of your paycheck. This is especially helpful if you know pretty much the exact cost you will be paying and clinic fees from a methadone clinic are a good example of that!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Insurance? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insurance?   Insurance? Empty

Back to top Go down

Insurance?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark :: Methadone Maintenance :: Do you have any questions about methadone?-
Jump to: