Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To provide a better understanding of the very important role methadone plays in the treatment of addiction.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

YOU MIGHT BE AN ADDICT IF..........PART 2

Go down 
AuthorMessage
lilgirllost
Admin
lilgirllost

Female
Number of posts : 863
Job/hobbies : COUPONING & GEOCACHING are my favorite past times but I also love reading and spending time with my husband and kids
Humor : I don't have a sense of humor.............
Registration date : 2009-05-25

YOU MIGHT BE AN ADDICT IF..........PART 2 Empty
PostSubject: YOU MIGHT BE AN ADDICT IF..........PART 2   YOU MIGHT BE AN ADDICT IF..........PART 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 4:55 pm

Everyone you know smokes marijuana.

You’ve tried to explain your intoxicated state to an authority figure by saying you are just tired because you have been up all night due to: sick child/headache/loved one, etc.

You had detailed, elaborate plans of how you will taper off of your drug on your own. It hasn’t worked yet, but you believe it will, next time.

You’ve convinced your mother, who found drugs in the pockets of your jeans, that you don’t use drugs, you just hold them for friends.

You’ve celebrated three months of sobriety by drinking alcohol.

You buy large quantities of alcohol for self use, and feel compelled to tell the lady at check out that you’re planning a big party.

You rotate your liquor store purchases because you don’t want the clerks at the one in your neighborhood to think you have an alcohol problem.

You’ve had to miss a family social function because you don’t want your family to see you messed up on drugs.

You’re convinced you only get repeated DUI charges because the police have it in for you.

You’ve fought a DUI charge because your keys weren’t in the ignition. Your car starts with a screwdriver.

You’ve used alcohol to help you kick cocaine or another drug.

All of your spoons are misshapen.

All of your friends’ spoons are misshapen.

You buy extra spoons at Goodwill.

When non-addicts come to your house, you try to straighten all your spoons, hoping they won’t notice.

You’ve combed the internet for the best way to come off opioids cold turkey without withdrawal.

You hide behind a pile of produce when you see a Narcotics Anonymous member at the grocery store, because you’ve been using drugs and he will know.

When stopped for a DUI, you say you had “two beers” because to you, it sounds more believable than one beer. Actually, you don’t know how many beers you had because you can’t remember, but you know it’s more like eight or twelve.

You’ve made the mistake of bragging to a cop that you aren’t like other people. You aren’t drunk with a blood alcohol of .12, because you can hold your liquor.

Written by "Unknown" and copied from JANABURSONSBLOG at

http://janaburson.wordpress.com/2011/08/13/you-might-be-an-addict-if-part-2/
Back to top Go down

YOU MIGHT BE AN ADDICT IF..........PART 2
Page 1 of 1