Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To provide a better understanding of the very important role methadone plays in the treatment of addiction.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Prespective, feedback, and/or advice. Just started 'done.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Radiohead

Radiohead

Male
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-10-10

Prespective, feedback, and/or advice.  Just started 'done. Empty
PostSubject: Prespective, feedback, and/or advice. Just started 'done.   Prespective, feedback, and/or advice.  Just started 'done. EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 9:21 pm

I started on Methadone about 3 weeks ago.

I started on a mere 20mg. I go to the clinic 6 days a week, taking home my Sunday dose on Saturday.

The Doc sees me 2x a week. So far, he has upped me 5mg every time I see him. I am currently at 55mg.

My visit with the doc takes about 30 seconds. He cuts to the chase, and simply asks one question; "How many?"

It's almost like he knows that the dose he has me on isn't high enough, and it's not. I take my dose at 7am, and my 2pm I am sweating and having the good old withdrawal symptoms again.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the program, and the methadone help. However, I find it crazy that the Doc and I both know the dose he is giving me is not doing what methadone is suppose to do; -prevent you from using heroin. It's almost like doing a few bags, -pyramiding down is part of the prescription. That feels wrong, because I am making a conscious effort to get "clean", but I am still having to make trips to the city.

FYI:

I weigh 245lbs (if that matters)
I have been on opiates for 5 years; starting with just some percs in the beginning. I decided to stop because my 3 - 4 buns habit was so expensive, I have sold all of my belongs, and have borrowed money from everyone and their grandmother, knowing I wouldn't pay them back. I was scared of what I was becoming. I was selling to my "friends" to make money, ripping them off; and I decided to stop because I was out of things to sell, and didn't want to start doing more aggressive crimes to support my habit.

I understand the strength of bags vary, but I live near a major city; where the stuff I normally get is rather strong.

I guess I am looking for some feedback, advice, or perspective on where I am
Back to top Go down
floydfx05

floydfx05

Female
Number of posts : 71
Humor : PEACE
Registration date : 2010-04-29

Prespective, feedback, and/or advice.  Just started 'done. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prespective, feedback, and/or advice. Just started 'done.   Prespective, feedback, and/or advice.  Just started 'done. EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 7:52 pm

hey RadioHead,
you only started 3 weeks ago, it takes awhile to get to the right dose, and EVERYONE is diffrent, Im on 160 split dose 80 twice a day, and Ive been on methadone for 8 years. So be patient and you will know when you are at the right dose, they always start you off low.. Good luck to you,, and Just hang in there Its definitly worth it...

Peace
Back to top Go down

Prespective, feedback, and/or advice. Just started 'done.
Page 1 of 1