Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To provide a better understanding of the very important role methadone plays in the treatment of addiction.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Losing take homes when transferring

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
brendaelk

brendaelk

Female
Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-04-17

Losing take homes when transferring Empty
PostSubject: Losing take homes when transferring   Losing take homes when transferring EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 5:18 pm

Last week I transferred from a clinic I was only there for 6 months. After 6 months they decided to stop Medicaid payments. I had gotten medicaid after 2 years on disability. I was transferring back to a clinic I left and was on 11 years after transferring from OK with 7 yrs clean UAs, (17, all together)They had even raised the clinic daily fee by 2 dollars and cash only. My old clinic was closer and cheaper, so I returned even though I liked it better, where I was for 6 months. On the morning my transfer was due to be started and was my regular day to dose, I had my two empty return bottles stolen out of my car. The police came out and laughed that I had even called them with no medicine taken in them. I told them I would need proof and he said have them call the police dept. if they want any info that I was here.... Ok... I thought.... no problem after all I had 17 years of clean urine drops.... of course they would believe ME! NOPE, they made me go back to police dept and have the desk cop write me out a note they were there and that it was reported and logged. Well after 2 violations of my privacy rights, they still took all my take homes away from me. I had obtained 3 times a week at the clinic I was on with medicaid and when I left this clinic only 6 months ago I had phase 4 and only went 2 times a month to dose in front of nurse. ( THAT WAS ONLY 6 MONTHS BEFORE ). I feel so pissed, now a police dept in a small town knows I am a long time methadone user and I do not have any take homes,I have to drive over 50 miles a day now to dose. Not fair I think. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Zac_Talbott

Zac_Talbott

Male
Number of posts : 48
Job/hobbies : Program Director, Counseling Solutions of Chatsworth
Registration date : 2013-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Losing take homes when transferring   Losing take homes when transferring EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 3:06 am

Is this the same topic we've discussed on A.T. Watchdog? (just curious to keep from saying all the same things we've already discussed! ha.)

zt
Back to top Go down
http://www.counselingsolutions.clinic
brendaelk

brendaelk

Female

PostSubject: Re: Losing take homes when transferring   Losing take homes when transferring EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 11:34 am

Sorry, I did not know the forums were connected, I have moved past this issue and can not delete it but would like to. If I can find out how I will be sure to get it off this forum.
Back to top Go down
Zac_Talbott

Zac_Talbott

Male

PostSubject: Re: Losing take homes when transferring   Losing take homes when transferring EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 12:42 am

NO, it's all good!! I was just wondering if it was the same topic because I am a member of several forums... They're not "connected," per se... No need to delete or say you're "sorry!" I just thought it sounded familiar! Laughing Don't worry about deleting it... If you've gotten it handled then that's all that matters!

Smile 
Back to top Go down
HippieGirl

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2014-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Losing take homes when transferring   Losing take homes when transferring EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 3:26 am

I often wonder what I would do If something happened to my take homes. I keep my MMt a secret except to my closest friends. Once I was wrestling around with my older daughter. I fell back, hit my head and passed out. My Mom called an ambulance. By the time they arrived I was awake and didn't want to go but my Mom thought I could have a concussion. By this time the local small town cop was there too. As I was getting wheeled on a bed from my porch the EMT lady asked me what meds I was taking. I kept silent like I didn't hear her because the cop was still lollygagging around. She asked again and I still kept my mouth shut like I didn't understand. Finally they got the wheelie bed in the ambulance and shut the doors and I told her. I explained that I didn't want the cop to overhear and judge me. She was pretty cool. Luckily I got a decent E.R doc too. That's pretty rare. I would like to invest in a safe that I can screw into my floor. If I lost my bottles I would be so upset. I feel for you.
Back to top Go down
Zac_Talbott

Zac_Talbott

Male

PostSubject: Re: Losing take homes when transferring   Losing take homes when transferring EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 6:54 pm

You know, I drive a little more than 2 hours EACH way to my program... I only attend once every 4 weeks now, but I certainly made that drive EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. (except Sundays) in the beginning, for months and months. I just don't know how I did it or how I'd ever do it again if something were to ever happen. But at the same time I have enough confidence in the clinic system to know that as long as I'm doing what I'm supposed to the chances of some freak thing happening that would affect me (if I didn't bring it on myself) are very, very small to impossible.... so when I start worrying I try to turn it around and count my blessings by thinking about where I'd be today if I hadn't had treatment all these years --- and then it puts it all back in perspective.
Back to top Go down
brendaelk

brendaelk

Female

PostSubject: Re: Losing take homes when transferring   Losing take homes when transferring EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 1:20 pm

Well I guess we all go through unnecessary things we think. but I am back at twice a month dosing at my clinic due to following all rules, the same as I did before. I am so grateful that a clinic in NW Indiana finally is accepting medicaid again. Due to a disability because of a spine problem I can no longer work which I miss so much. I am glad to have $372.00 a month to spend on my groceries and upkeep. Methadone is very inexpensive to treat with and it makes sense to use it for long term addicts who have a tendency for relapses. I really want to live, not go out in a dirty bathroom somewhere with a needle in my arm.
Back to top Go down
Zac_Talbott

Zac_Talbott

Male

PostSubject: Re: Losing take homes when transferring   Losing take homes when transferring EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 1:06 am

Amen. All the obstacles and hurdles were worth it for me as well. I'd do it all over again... my life before treatment is nothing I'd ever want to return to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Losing take homes when transferring   Losing take homes when transferring Empty

Back to top Go down

Losing take homes when transferring
Page 1 of 1