Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To provide a better understanding of the very important role methadone plays in the treatment of addiction.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

THOUGHT FOR TODAY 8/20/09

Go down 
AuthorMessage
lilgirllost
Admin
lilgirllost

Female
Number of posts : 863
Job/hobbies : COUPONING & GEOCACHING are my favorite past times but I also love reading and spending time with my husband and kids
Humor : I don't have a sense of humor.............
Registration date : 2009-05-25

THOUGHT FOR TODAY 8/20/09 Empty
PostSubject: THOUGHT FOR TODAY 8/20/09   THOUGHT FOR TODAY 8/20/09 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 11:15 am

Anger and resentment seemed to be constant companions when I first got clean and sober and the bad thing about it was that I don’t even really know if I understood what I was so angry about! In working my way through recovery, I began to uncover some of the reasons for my anger and resentments. I really hated the fact that I was an addict and I resented the fact that something had so much power over me and in my life. I resented the fact that I had no CONTROL over myself and/or my life! I resented many of the consequences I had experienced and continued to have even though I was now clean and sober. I resented some of the people in my life and how I had been treated. I was angry with myself for allowing some of these things to occur. I finally realized that I needed to let go of these resentments. Anger and resentment were poison for my recovery and until I let these things go, I could never really get better.

But these things were not something that I could just forget or make go away. I needed to be shown how to rid myself of anger and resentment so I began to pray. Pray for forgivness for the things I had done and for the people who had wronged me. I learned a lot about forgiveness. These things did not just magically disappear; but over time, the longer I stayed clean and sober, I found that I no longer needed to hold onto these resentments.

RuthAnn
Back to top Go down

THOUGHT FOR TODAY 8/20/09
Page 1 of 1