Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To provide a better understanding of the very important role methadone plays in the treatment of addiction.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

THOUGHT FOR TODAY ~ CHANGE IS INEVITABLE

Go down 
AuthorMessage
lilgirllost
Admin
lilgirllost

Female
Number of posts : 863
Job/hobbies : COUPONING & GEOCACHING are my favorite past times but I also love reading and spending time with my husband and kids
Humor : I don't have a sense of humor.............
Registration date : 2009-05-25

THOUGHT FOR TODAY  ~  CHANGE IS INEVITABLE Empty
PostSubject: THOUGHT FOR TODAY ~ CHANGE IS INEVITABLE   THOUGHT FOR TODAY  ~  CHANGE IS INEVITABLE EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 11:32 am

You know what is weird? In a professional sense I welcome change! I love to try new, more efficients procedures. I love to hear new ideas. I'm open to procedure changes and I stay positive and try to keep others positive.

Why then, in my personal life do I sometimes have such a problem with CHANGE? So scared of change that I am almost paralyzed with fear! Even if it looks as if the change could be for the better......that's just crazy, right?

Sometimes I just get a little overwhelmed when I think about how much in my life has changed. I don't give into thinking about this often because it usually ends up with me feeling sad but last night it kept me awake long into the night and it was still on my mind today when I was trying to find something to post or write about for the "THOUGHT FOR THE DAY" section...itobviously has gotten the best of me so I wanted to write about it to you.

I sometimes just long for the days that used to be so much easier. There was a time when drug use, addiction and MMT wasn't even a part of my life! There was a time when I was younger and more naive about the world because people and the world hadn't shown me all it's ugliness yet. There was a time when there was not one thing in the world that could come between my husband and myself. I thought he was perfect, could do no wrong and would never do anything to hurt me. There was a time when I didn't feel bad about my body, when I actually thought I looked "good" and felt good about how I looked. There was a time.......I could go on forever here!

That's about all I'm going to allow myself right now on this because I do realize that nothing good will come from these thoughts.

Whatever days I'm pining away for...those days are long gone and I'm probably just remembering all of the good and ignoring the bad anyway. I am sure there were bad things during those times as well, I am just choosing to leave those out!

Change is good right? It leads to new possibilities. I'm changing, you're changing, it's just the way things go. Here is to embracing change...hopefully I can truly learn how to do it.

If any of you have any ideas of how to to embrace change so that it doesn't feel like you are hugging up to a cactus, I would love to hear from you!
Back to top Go down

THOUGHT FOR TODAY ~ CHANGE IS INEVITABLE
Page 1 of 1