Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To provide a better understanding of the very important role methadone plays in the treatment of addiction.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

THOUGHT FOR TODAY 2/15/2011

Go down 
AuthorMessage
lilgirllost
Admin
lilgirllost

Female
Number of posts : 863
Job/hobbies : COUPONING & GEOCACHING are my favorite past times but I also love reading and spending time with my husband and kids
Humor : I don't have a sense of humor.............
Registration date : 2009-05-25

THOUGHT FOR TODAY 2/15/2011 Empty
PostSubject: THOUGHT FOR TODAY 2/15/2011   THOUGHT FOR TODAY 2/15/2011 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 11:03 am

It still amazes me when I sit here and actually ponder the thought of using again. Logically I know it will only lead me back into the horrible downward spiral I just gone done climbing back out of...so what is up with these cravings?

I guess the difference between myself now and myself in very early recovery is the fact that I can handle these cravings. I know that all I have to do when I get a craving is to not use AND focus more on my recovery. It's like my mind has finally gotten the hang of using it's delay button when it comes to wanting instant gratification.

It's weird to me how everything can seem to be going fine along my road of recovery and then all of a sudden I realize that I'm sitting and thinking about getting high. I often wonder what brings on these sudden cravings. I know that I haven't been feeling good for the past couple of days and for me, feeling ill is a trigger.

Are cravings a sign that maybe your focus on recovery isn't what it should be and you should really be on the look out for the warning signs of relapse? Is it just my old addiction trying to ram it's way back into the foreground again by giving me that certain itch? I honestly don't have any answers to what cravings truly are. I just know that I still get them.

***Он все еще поражает меня, когда я сижу здесь и на самом деле задуматься мысль использовать снова. Логически я знаю, это только приведет меня в ужасное нисходящей спирали, я только что сделал поднимается обратно из ... Так что же с этими тягу?

Я думаю, разница между мной теперь и я в очень ранних этапах восстановления является то, что я могу справиться эту тягу. Я знаю, что все, что нужно делать, когда я жажду, чтобы не использовать и больше внимания на мое выздоровление. Это похоже на мой взгляд, наконец, приобрел навык, используя его задержки кнопку, когда дело доходит до желающих мгновенное удовлетворение.

Это странно для меня, как все может, как представляется, будет штраф вдоль моего пути восстановления, а затем вдруг я понимаю, что я сижу и думаю о получении высокой. Я часто думаю, что приносит на эти внезапные тягу. Я знаю, что я не чувствую себя хорошо на протяжении последних нескольких дней, и для меня, плохо себя чувствовал это триггер.

Есть тяга признак того, что, может быть, ваше внимание на восстановление не то, что она должна быть, и вы должны действительно быть на взгляде на предупреждающие знаки рецидива? Это просто мой старый наркомании пытается таранить это путь назад на первый план снова, давая мне, что некоторые зуд? Я честно говоря, не было никаких ответов на то, что тяга на самом деле. Я просто знаю, что я до сих пор получить их.

Хотя вы всегда должны пытаться принимать вещи один день за один раз (здесь я иду с моим высказывания восстановления раз), иногда я теряю внимание, что. Он берет то, как жажда шок меня обратно в реализации, насколько важно, чтобы пребывание в день и сосредоточить внимание на двадцать четыре часа в день.

Мне бы очень хотелось узнать, если любой из вас все еще есть, чтобы отбить тягу. Я предполагаю, что я не единственный. Я думаю, я просто не понимал, что тяга к использованию всегда будет вопрос не важно, сколько чистого времени человек.

Для себя, оставаясь положительным в зависимость восстановления также зависит от меня остановиться в день. Иногда я позволяю себе получить перегружены хотели бы отбиваясь от тяги к остальной части моей жизни. Это раз так что беспокоиться только о получении и по сей день спасает меня от сдаваться.

Тяга: я их и кажется, что я хочу использовать, но в глубине души я знаю, что из этого получится, и концы не оправдывает средства.

Although you should always try to be taking things One Day At A Time (here I go with my recovery sayings again) sometimes I lose focus of that. It takes something like a craving to shock me back into the realization of just how important it is to stay in the day and focus on the twenty-four hours in a day.

I would really love to know if any of you still have to fight off cravings. I'm assuming that I'm not the only one. I guess I just didn't realize that cravings to use would always be an issue no matter how much clean time a person has.

For myself, staying positive in addiction recovery also depends on me staying in the day. Sometimes I let myself get overwhelmed thinking about fighting off cravings for the rest of my life. It's times like this that worrying only about getting through today saves me from giving up.

Cravings: I get them and it seems like I want to use but deep down I know what will come of it and the ends DO NOT justify the means.

Back to top Go down

THOUGHT FOR TODAY 2/15/2011
Page 1 of 1