Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To provide a better understanding of the very important role methadone plays in the treatment of addiction.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Do Not Share Your Methadone Unless ...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Do Not Share Your Methadone Unless ... Empty
PostSubject: Do Not Share Your Methadone Unless ...   Do Not Share Your Methadone Unless ... EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 8:35 am

Do Not Share Your Methadone Unless ... Group_10Methadone Murder Suspect Challenges Charges
By KEVIN BEHR | kbehr@winonadailynews.com

A man accused of unintentional murder in the drug overdose death of a Winona woman last year challenged charges against him Monday.

An attorney for Harold Albert Skroch Jr., 45, said the chain linking his client to the methadone overdose death of Jane Jay Christensen on Feb. 1, 2008, is thin. Paul Spyhalski said there is no direct connection between the two except that they may have known each other in passing, and there was no indication Skroch knew Christensen would have been the ultimate consumer of the methadone that allegedly came from his client.

Judge Jeff Thompson has already heard — and rejected — similar arguments in challenges from Skroch’s co-defendants, Jeffrey Lee Frey and Douglas Bruce Zubick. Frey’s court-appointed attorney, Richard Smith, argued his client’s role in Jane Jay Christensen’s death was “fleeting and nonconsequential.” Richard Kimlinger argued the methadone that eventually killed Christensen was “jointly acquired,” and his client, Zubick, could not be held responsible for murder.

Assistant Winona County Attorney Kevin O’Laughlin submitted police reports, a CD full of police interviews and transcripts of those interviews as his evidence of probable cause to bring charges against Skroch.

According to court documents, Frey bought methadone from Skroch Feb. 1, 2008, with money from Zubick. He then delivered the liquid drug to Zubick, who, in turn, offered “two capfuls” of the methadone to Christensen in exchange for her cleaning his house, police said. According to reports, Christensen overdosed on about 100 milligrams of methadone and was pronounced dead at the hospital about 6:40 p.m.

Thompson gave Spyhalski until June 26 to submit briefs in support of his arguments and gave O’Laughlin until July 10 to reply. Thompson said he would take the case under advisement July 13 and will issue an order as soon as possible after that.

In the meantime, Zubick is scheduled to be in court June 25 for a pretrial hearing, and Frey is set to be in court July 16 for a settlement conference, where attorneys will attempt a resolution to the case ahead of trial.
How do you feel about the guy who sold his methadone? We all know it is wrong but shouldn't the guy who traded it to the girl for the cleaning of his house be found just as guilty, if not more? The guy who sold the methadone never imagined and maybe He didn't care if the guy he sold it to would trade it off to another for the cleaning of his house.
I realize times are financially trying for some of us and sometimes it is just not easy to say no if it is your friend and they are suffering from the agony of withdrawal but please try and find other ways of helping your friends because it will be you who pays the price and it is a high price to pay if you are caught even if you ease their suffering and a higher price if they die from the methadone. You will be going to prison and you will not be able to obtain your methadone. A true friend would never ask it of you. It will affect your life in numerous ways because you will pay a price for your actions and the price will directly impact your future.
You will have a criminal record and will have to suffer through methadone withdrawals around others who could care less about helping you. I have spoke to many who siffered through it while they were incarcerated and they tell me they still have nightmares about it. Mad I don't want this and I don't want any of you to suffer through it and once you have served your time you and I both know you will have trouble locating emploment with a felony on your record and even finding a place to rent to you. If you want to go back on methadone once you are released then you will definitely need to work and you will need an address.
Please do stop and think before you give any one any medication prescribed for you even if they are your best friend and confidante. Think about the consequences you will suffer if things go wrong and if they are truly your friend, they will understand and still be there for you. If not, then you didn't need them. I thought it would be educational to remind you of the consequences ...and how circumstances can change and you can wind up in some beyomfd your control.
Feedback would be appreciated but not required. Talk to me about these issues. It affects all of us taking methadone and if you join us here, we will do our best to keep you updated.
Enjoy today! Treasure each moment for we have no guarantee, we will be alive tomorrow. Strong words, but needed to besaid. I love you all...

Last edited by Admin on Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
Back to top Go down
rxwoman

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-08-12

Do Not Share Your Methadone Unless ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do Not Share Your Methadone Unless ...   Do Not Share Your Methadone Unless ... EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 3:48 pm

Hi,
You are right of course. However, if I did know someone else personally who was on methadone, and found themselves in withdrawal ( Unless it was due to stupidity, like dirty UA, or screwing with clinic rules) I wouldnt be able to say no to a little to help them not be in agony.
I made the mistake a couple nights ago of googling methadone withdrawal symptoms, and what I read made my hair stand up. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.
How some clinics, doctors, law enforcement staff, can ever sit by and watch anyone suffer like that is beyond me.

Rxwoman.
Back to top Go down

Do Not Share Your Methadone Unless ...
Page 1 of 1