Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To provide a better understanding of the very important role methadone plays in the treatment of addiction.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

to make a long story short

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cj

cj

Female
Number of posts : 15
Job/hobbies : I am currently a stay at home mom but am job hunting! my hobbies are spending time with my family and all things metaphysical
Registration date : 2010-01-28

to make a long story short Empty
PostSubject: to make a long story short   to make a long story short EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 5:04 pm

Hi everyone! My name is cj and I am brand new here. I'm still trying to figure out how to navigate through the website as I am computer illiterate. I have been attending the methadone clinic here in Colorado for about 3 years now. I started using pain pills when I was 22 years old. My boyfriend was prescribed them and eventually I began taking them with him. I became addicted to them after a few months and continued taking them for years. It got so bad that I thought I couldn't survive w/out them. We both were addicted and we both suffered with severe depression. We both started attending the clinic together. He became very sick and ended up having heart surgery. He lived for a year and a half after that but I lost him. That has been almost four years ago and I can't believe I've made it through that. I am blessed with a one year old baby boy, I'm still attending the clinic and don't have anybody who I can talk to about my addiction or my treatment; so I'm glad that I found this website! Hope to talk to you all soon!
Back to top Go down
lilgirllost
Admin
lilgirllost

Female
Number of posts : 863
Job/hobbies : COUPONING & GEOCACHING are my favorite past times but I also love reading and spending time with my husband and kids
Humor : I don't have a sense of humor.............
Registration date : 2009-05-25

to make a long story short Empty
PostSubject: Re: to make a long story short   to make a long story short EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 7:52 pm

CJ
Thanks so much for sharing with us. I am so glad you found us too. That is the whole purpose of the forum and the website to bring us together. Unless you are in MMT, you can't really understand what it is like so it is so nice to find others that KNOW what we are going through and that we can share with and help each other.

I hope you will be an active member of the forum and that we will hear from you often. If you find an interesting article or poem or just something you want to share with everyone, I hope you will.

We recently had a live chat session where we were all able to sign on at the same time and talk in real time. I hope to do that again real soon and you can join us for that. Keep an eye on the announcements section because I hope to plan another one in a few weeks.

Thanks again for sharing and if you need anything, please let me know.

RuthAnn
Back to top Go down

to make a long story short
Page 1 of 1