Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To provide a better understanding of the very important role methadone plays in the treatment of addiction.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Today's Thought; A Reading from, "Time to Break Free"

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
D
Admin
D

Female
Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Today's Thought; A Reading from, "Time to Break Free" Empty
PostSubject: Today's Thought; A Reading from, "Time to Break Free"    Today's Thought; A Reading from, "Time to Break Free" EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 12:52 am

Today's Thought; A Reading from, "Time to Break Free" Pelica10

Some days my life feels so confusing and overwhelming that I think I'll scream.

Sometimes life is like moving from one place to another. When I move into a new house, it is unorganized and chaotic until everything gets put in the right place. In life, my emotions and thoughts are often like the new house full of boxes. I am learning how to unpack one emotional "box" at a time, throw out what I no longer need, and put what I do need in its proper place. It's a hard job, but it's all part of the process of taking back my life.

When my emotional work gets too hectic, I will remember to keep things simple, to deal with one "box" at a time.
Eventually, I'll get through the craziness, and everything will be in its rightful place.

Today's Thought from Hazeldon is a reading from the book "Time to Break Free" by Judith R. Smith
Back to top Go down
http://www.medicalassistedtreatment.org
Happylady5

Happylady5

Female
Number of posts : 93
Humor : It's a great day to be alive!
Registration date : 2010-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Today's Thought; A Reading from, "Time to Break Free"    Today's Thought; A Reading from, "Time to Break Free" EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 9:27 am

I am actually dealing with moving this week so it is a little chaotic. In the long-run I think my life will be more organized. We will be living in a better part of town, too. I think this move will aide in my recovery. After we move and get things organized, it will feel like a fresh start. I can't wait to get this stressful moving part over with, though. Everyone have a great day!

Today's Thought; A Reading from, "Time to Break Free" Icon_flower
Back to top Go down
D
Admin
D

Female
Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Today's Thought; A Reading from, "Time to Break Free"    Today's Thought; A Reading from, "Time to Break Free" EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 2:48 pm

Congratulations on your move.
We have been in our apartment for two years now. I remember when we first moved in, I was excited as it was the first place we would live in that wasn't living with someone else.
I still look around at some of the things we have been able to obtain since my going into recovery and it feels good to know that I won't be selling any of it for drugs. The move did take some adjustment though, I was used to being able to spend money whatever way that I wanted as we only had to pay a small amount to my sister in law each month but after the adjustment period I learned how to budget. It's not always easy and I admit that we do get behind in some things but it feels good to know that we have a roof over our head, food to eat and each other.
Enjoy your new place!
Back to top Go down
http://www.medicalassistedtreatment.org
Happylady5

Happylady5

Female
Number of posts : 93
Humor : It's a great day to be alive!
Registration date : 2010-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Today's Thought; A Reading from, "Time to Break Free"    Today's Thought; A Reading from, "Time to Break Free" EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 5:23 pm

Yeah, It sure is nice to have a roof over my head. Rent is more important than drugs, now. If you would have asked me that a year ago, I would of had a different opinion. That is how we got behind in rent, using all my paycheck on pills and not on bills. Ever since I stopped using I've had money to save.

There has been too many drugs used here in this house. It will be sooo nice not to have all those old "using" feelings and memories associated with this place. Just having new memories of a clean lifestyle will be a great feeling. It may take some time to get incorporated. The move sure has been a long time coming. We have wanted to move for at least 2 years but didn't have the finances to come up with 2 months rent at once.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Today's Thought; A Reading from, "Time to Break Free"    Today's Thought; A Reading from, "Time to Break Free" Empty

Back to top Go down

Today's Thought; A Reading from, "Time to Break Free"
Page 1 of 1