Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To provide a better understanding of the very important role methadone plays in the treatment of addiction.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

In Memory of our founder, Deborah D. Shrira

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
D
Admin
D

Female
Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2009-03-05

In Memory of our founder, Deborah D. Shrira  Empty
PostSubject: In Memory of our founder, Deborah D. Shrira    In Memory of our founder, Deborah D. Shrira  EmptyTue May 22, 2012 11:36 pm

In Memory of our founder, Deborah D. Shrira  35071410

Deborah D. Shrira
June 1, 1951-May 21, 2012

Good evening,
To all of our members,
It saddens me to announce to all of you that yesterday May 21, 2012, Deborah D. Shrira the CEO and Founder of Medical Assisted Treatment of America/Suboxone Assisted Treatment and our forums passed away.

Deborah dedicated much of her life to helping others As an addict in recovery herself and advocate, she spent a number of years creating two websites designed to help educate and support those who suffer from this awful disease of addiction, their families and many medical personal.
Deborah worked tirelessly to help those who needed her. Her favorite sayings were, "Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead and "Together, as long as we do it together we can make a difference."

She will be always remembered in our hearts and memories.
We will be leaving the websites up in her memory for as long as we are able so that they may continue to help those who need it the most.
If you would like to read Deborah's story and recovery, please visit our "About us" page on our Medical Assisted Treatment website.
http://medicalassistedtreatment.org/4436/347914.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.medicalassistedtreatment.org
lilgirllost
Admin
lilgirllost

Female
Number of posts : 863
Job/hobbies : COUPONING & GEOCACHING are my favorite past times but I also love reading and spending time with my husband and kids
Humor : I don't have a sense of humor.............
Registration date : 2009-05-25

In Memory of our founder, Deborah D. Shrira  Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Memory of our founder, Deborah D. Shrira    In Memory of our founder, Deborah D. Shrira  EmptyWed May 23, 2012 12:41 am

I don't even know where to start. I was at my wits end and was reaching out to every methadone advocate I could find online and Deborah was the first one, and one of only 2 of the 10 or so I contacted, who actually contacted me back. And it was within 24 hours. She spent time talking to me and walking me through the trial I was going through and I ended up with a very sweet friend.

That was about 4 years ago and she has been such a dear friend to me ever since. It saddens me to hear of her passing because she was a very caring and trusting soul. Many times people would take advantage of her caring and sensitivity and while someone like me would have probably stopped trying to help people or reach out to people because of the ones who DID take advantage, she never did. Next thing I know she would be right back to telling me about the latest person she talked to or heard from that was needing her help and/or assistance and she was right there trying to help them.

No words could adequately give tribute to her. She never looked at the mistakes a person made and judged them by those mistakes, she was always willing to find the best in everyone. And she would be the first to tell you of her imperfections especially if she thought it might make you feel better about yours!

I never got the chance to meet her in person and over the past year I hadn't been in touch with her as much as I use to be, but it still is a major loss and will leave a void in my life and the life of so many other people that she touched.

Not to mention the methadone advocacy groups have lost a very valuable and valiant soldier in the fight for the rights and fair treatment of methadone patients. Someone who believed in empowering patients all over the world through knowledge and information about methadone and methadone treatment. LITERALLY, all over the world!

I will miss you so much Deb and I know that so many others out there will be sad to hear of your passing as well.
Back to top Go down

In Memory of our founder, Deborah D. Shrira
Page 1 of 1