Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To provide a better understanding of the very important role methadone plays in the treatment of addiction.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY 8-16-10 Maybe I'm not really an addict??

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
lilgirllost
Admin
lilgirllost

Female
Number of posts : 863
Job/hobbies : COUPONING & GEOCACHING are my favorite past times but I also love reading and spending time with my husband and kids
Humor : I don't have a sense of humor.............
Registration date : 2009-05-25

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY 8-16-10  Maybe I'm not really an addict?? Empty
PostSubject: THOUGHT FOR THE DAY 8-16-10 Maybe I'm not really an addict??   THOUGHT FOR THE DAY 8-16-10  Maybe I'm not really an addict?? EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 9:37 am

Just try and tell me that you haven't had that thought before...anyone, no one, ok then. Good, it's not just me. Our minds are so messed up with addictive thinking that we actually try and fool ourselves into believing the thought that possibly we weren't as bad as we made out to be. We must have over reacted because we went today without drinking and it wasn't too hard.

From what I have heard and what I have read this is a very common thought in recovery. What is kind of funny is that this very thought proves that you and I are true addicts. With all that we had to go through to be where we are today to be able to even entertain the idea that we really don't have a problem is insane.

This insanity is all a part of our addictive thinking. It is this thought process that is our real obstacle, more so than using the actual substance. Addictive thinking is what we are trying to recover from. Since we went through the detox we already recovered from the particular drug or the alcohol that we were using at the time. I think this is the part that most people just don't understand that well.

We have to keep these thoughts in check. When I have one of these type of addictive thoughts I can identify it as being a crock of bull. I actually get a chuckle at myself. It's like my brain is trying to get one over on me. It's just bazaar. But for now it is something that I have to accept and be on the lookout for to avoid relapse.

More outrageous thoughts to come...stayed tuned.

Taken from What Winners Do
Back to top Go down
floydfx05

floydfx05

Female
Number of posts : 71
Humor : PEACE
Registration date : 2010-04-29

PostSubject: Re: THOUGHT FOR THE DAY 8-16-10 Maybe I'm not really an addict??   THOUGHT FOR THE DAY 8-16-10  Maybe I'm not really an addict?? EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 6:29 pm

yes that kind of thinking most definitly leads to Relapse, Oh Im in pain Ill JUST take it to take the pain away,, Not a good thought process.. stinkin thinkin
Back to top Go down
Happylady5

Happylady5

Female
Number of posts : 93
Humor : It's a great day to be alive!
Registration date : 2010-06-06

PostSubject: Re: THOUGHT FOR THE DAY 8-16-10 Maybe I'm not really an addict??   THOUGHT FOR THE DAY 8-16-10  Maybe I'm not really an addict?? EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 7:55 am

Oh, I am sooo an addict!! That's not going to change anytime soon!!
Back to top Go down
D
Admin
D

Female
Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: THOUGHT FOR THE DAY 8-16-10 Maybe I'm not really an addict??   THOUGHT FOR THE DAY 8-16-10  Maybe I'm not really an addict?? EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 11:45 am

I think we can all relate to this post.
Thanks RuthAnn!
Back to top Go down
http://www.medicalassistedtreatment.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THOUGHT FOR THE DAY 8-16-10 Maybe I'm not really an addict??   THOUGHT FOR THE DAY 8-16-10  Maybe I'm not really an addict?? Empty

Back to top Go down

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY 8-16-10 Maybe I'm not really an addict??
Page 1 of 1